Boxing Day 10 miler
December 26 @ 8:00 am - December 27 @ 5:00 pm
Join more than 800 runners and walkers including Olympians in this historic event. 2020 will be the 100th.
- Indoor registration, refreshments and awards in the main gymnasium. Everything happens on Boxing Day.
- Scenic and challenging course includes downtown streets and a paved waterfront trail.
- A custom snowman medal and a fleece blanket are waiting for you at the finish.
- Change rooms with showers for entrants; spectators are welcome in the gym. Leashed and identified service dogs welcome – no pets.
- Post race social at the Pheasant Plucker and Augusta House pubs. Bring your race number for a beer courtesy of Shawn and Ed Brewery
- $3,200 cash purse divided between the 10 & 4 mile runs. Belt buckles for top three in 10 year age groups.
- Male and Female 10 mile run: 1st $600, 2nd $400, 3rd $200, 1st master $200. 4 mile run 1st $200
- We support Canadian Athletes. Athletes that receive support from Athletics Canada can apply for a complimentary entry. Please e-mail from the contact tab.
- Report on the 2018 run by Stephen Andersen. Trek and Run Review 2019.
- Canadian Running Magazine article 2019 My Best Runs rates us 9.2 out of 10
- $5,000 is donated annually from the Run to the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign. This helps local children participate in YMCA programs such as fitness, day care and camping.
- Looking for well organized running races across Canada. Check out the Canada Running Series
- Organized by the volunteers of the Hamilton Harriers Running and Walking Club. Come and run or walk with us. We meet Wednesdays at 5:00pm and Saturdays at 8:00am at the YMCA.
- We use Niko Apparel a Hamilton company for our race wear. They also supply the Canadian Olympic Rowing Team.
- We use Chiptime Results, a Hamilton company, to time our event. www.chiptimeresults.com 2019 10 mile results